Saturday, March 01, 2008

Did You Miss Me?

I have not been blogging so much lately. I have been busy. This week I have had Mom Skembo with me again. I have been able to do a bunch of stuff that I was not able to do when spending all day feeding and taking care of babies. We cleaned and rearranged the living room so that it is more open and Mike's drums are not the focal point of the room. In the process we also redesigned the dining room. This has made room in my kitchen cabinets for the newly necessary bottles and sippy cups. See, I have spent my nursing time, and my have to hold the babies or they cry time in front of HGTV. Inspiring! I still haven't refinished the furnishings to complete the look, but there is a marked difference, that will, hopefully translate into a cleaner, more efficient space.

I got the kids to help me work on the yard. We raked leaves, since fall is officially over, and no more leaves will be falling. We still have to take care of all the branches that fell of the dead trees out front, I hope to get to some of that today, but this morning is the quarterly primary activity. I want to take today to have some fun with my kids, though, so I hope we can get it taken care of. If I didn't feel like having fun, I would continue to work on the boys' room with them so that they could get their room redesign. I will be taking Isaac's full bed, and putting the mattress under the girls' full bottom bunk so that it is a trundle. Isaac will be getting Emylie's twin bed, which will free up space in the girls' room for the crib.

We are really hoping to move as school gets out, but in the meantime, we might as well make this a nice place to live.

Anastasia is sleeping on my chest now. She has horrible congestion and a runny nose. They are 7 weeks old with their first cold. Amelia got stuffed up last week, and I just thought it was allergies to go with her eczema. Though she is better of than her sister now.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

What kind of fabric softener are you using? Kelsea's face would break out from her checks rubbing on our clothes. I think we determined it was fabric softener. I can't remember if it was the liquid or sheets. That was almost 15 years ago. SHeesh. Now she is finding out she is allergic to fruits and vegies like I guess Leonard did as a teen.

I think I have said this before but I SOO miss HGTV.

Is this like post nesting? Or Spring cleaning?

Yamaha Drummer said...

We're using crap generic stuff, we should really get Dreft, but trying to get Janika to wash the babies clothes seperately would take a miracle.

The Woodward Family said...

You guys go vote today?