Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Better

We are nearly in a routine now. Amelia is doing much better. Funny how that coincided with them letting her eat. I have been pumping on the Hospital's Medela Symphony pump, which is great--should be for 1500 dollars. It doesn't bite me with hard gums. Still, I miss holding my babies. Well, anastasia is sleeping on me right now, and I need to go to bed myself, but I wanted to update you. I have a feeling they might move Amelia out of the ICU tomorrow. After that, they will want to monitor her for 1-2 days, but I am hopeful that we are nearing the end.

The problem we are having right now is that Mike has taken off work for 2 days and I can't be in 2 places at once. Mike is insistent that we not bring Anastasia back to the hospital, so we need to find someone to take care of Anastasia while I stay with Amelia so Mike can work. The Relief Society President and I have already done a search for someone to take care of her, but everybody has kids, which is a health risk for the kids, and for Anastasia. I can't figure it out. We'll have to, though.

Anyway,things are getting better. I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

Kim and family said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was up. You're mom's update was not very positive last night. Glad to hear it is getting better.

I remember my doctor telling me very clearly and seriously after Hannah was born to not take her out of the house for 4 weeks. And limit her exposure to other people. He never did that with the other two girls. She was a late Dec baby and I think RSV was running all over at that time.

Good luck on the help with Anastasia. Once they get RSV and get over it are they still able to get again? I hope not. I would ask the doctor for his opinion on having Anastasia with you.
Lots of love!

The Woodward Family said...

SOOO glad to hear things are looking up. You have so been in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Is there anything we can do?

Scott is still having problems sleeping through the night (since Megan's death)but I don't know if that is common knowledge... so SHHHH! and I'd love to help out some way maybe we can help at night? *shrug* Pity we are -only- available at night :(

Unknown said...

YES! Aaren Go help her and stay the night with a baby. It's such a sweet feeling holding a baby in bed with you at night. Dose off together, play when she wakes and let the Mommy get some sleep. Grandma Lay will be in town, but they will still need al the help you can give, maybe head over and make dinner or a treat, or bring rice Krispie treats or brownies for the kids. and see if the kids need any help with homework. You'ss be a great support! you already are. I hope you read this. I'm sending the jewelry package asap to Janikas. It will probably go out on Saturday Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for Aurora to outgrow some clothes to send down for the babies.

The Woodward Family said...

I'm glad to read that your mom will be there again to help out. You are so lucky to have her able to be there and help out. And I agree with Dev-you're friend Arren could help in more ways than she could even imagine. If we lived near each other, I'd help. I miss sleeping with tiny babies on my chest!