Monday, March 17, 2008

Free at Last

Amelia is finally home. She did not get out until Sunday because the pediatrician was being overly cautious. She is happy to be home and doing well.

Mom is still here. We spent yesterday afternoon cleaning and rearranging the girls' room so we can get the crib into it. I did a whole bunch on the boys room as well, with the kids help. It is a really long process, though, but that is because of how messy the rooms were. My bedroom is part of the deal, too. We hope to move out of this place by the time school is out. I am beginning to wonder if I will get these rooms redone by then. Darn that HGTV! I wouldn't be doing all this if I hadn't become addicted to it. I just wish I owned rather than rented.

I was using my left hand to type. Now baby two is being fed on that side and I am typing with my right. It is so good to have them together again. They are 2 months old now. They more aware of their environment and have learned that they can reach, touch, and make things move. They are trying to form specific sounds, rather than just crying to communicate.

Anastasia pushes her shoulders up when she is on her stomach, she is so strong. Amelia has a little catching up to do because of her time in. She is still very strong--and very funny. I was holding her back while she was sitting on my lap, and she started doing the miss thang bobble head. She did it a few times--especially after mom and I started laughing at her--like it was totally on purpose. They are exceptionally adorable.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

Glad to hear you are all home together again and life is as normal as it can be with twin babies.

Arizona Arnolds said...

Yeah they are home! We have been diligently praying for the babies. (even the little ones) We love you guys so much and are glad to hear you are all together again!
Marla

The Woodward Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad things are going better for your sweet little girl! Take care of your self some now. Maybe a nice bubble bath!