Friday, March 14, 2008

End of the Tunnel

I was hoping Amelia would be released today because they took her off the oxygen yesterday and she has been maintaining very well. They had to deep suction her (Where there stick a tube down her nose and turn on a vacuum) last night, though so the doctor wants to keep her. All I have have is the little blue bulb to work with, so they want to make sure that whatever crud she produces can be managed with the bulb. Still, we are at the end of the tunnel and will probably be out of there tomorrow (Saturday).

Anastasia misses her sister. Mom is here so she stayed the night with Amelia, which made the first night that I have slept with my husband in nearly a week. Mom only had worked her job for four days before she flew down here, but they are so desperate for her, and so appreciative of her that they let her go. I bet she did as much in those few days as the others there will get done in the next week.

Last night was open house at the elementary school, and I finally got time to help Andrew finnish his Famous American project that was due last week. His teacher gave us an extension because of the hospital issue. He did a Power Point on Abe Lincoln. Isaac is good enough with that that he helped Andrew get it started. Then I helped him add the rest of the information he needed.

Claire is in fourth grade so she did a performance at the open house on her recorder. The teacher had them play along with Desperado and they sang and danced to Crocodile Rock.

By the way, Arren HAS been a tremendous help. She and Scott have been here with Anastasia and the kids when Mike and I were trading off, or Mike had to work. Thanks Guys!

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

I have been waiting for an update. So gald to hear about the improvement and the help you are getting. All I can offer is my continued prayers. Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of the world could pause sometimes while we deal with the big stuff? Hope you get some much needed rest as well.

Love to you all!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Janika. I was glad to hear that Amelia is *hopefully* coming home today. Mike called on his way home and gave me/ us an update. We are looking forward to seeing two babies when we come over :)

♥Lexi Luee♥ said...

Hey. I hope she'll get better fast. My friends that know are all worried about her. It's good to know that I have people here when I need it! lol. Anyways hope shes ok i love ya'll.

The Woodward Family said...

Thanks so much to Arren! I agree with Kim, the world just needs to stop for awhile!
Glad to hear she's doing better.
Your mom is the best! The world could use more like her! Tell her I love her!