Friday, January 25, 2008

Two Weeks

The twins are two weeks old today. It seems like forever ago that I was in the hospital. The discomfort of pregnancy is a vague memory. Now I have the "discomfort" of little mouths chomping down on my nipples for a total of 8 hours a day and sliced up gut.

My stitches were reinforced with tape, which was taken off at my Dr. Appointment Wednesday. Since then, I have renewed sensitivity. All I do these days is eat, feed, and try to catch up on sleep. Still, it makes me weepy to think how blessed I am. I love to hold and smell and kiss my babies. Years ago, I thought I would not have any more. Now I have two precious, perfect darlings.

Their faces are changing and becoming a little more alike. They do both have matching dimples on their right cheek. Anastasia still spends more time with her eyes open. Today she was looking around, but starting to get a little fussy, so I sang to her. She smiled and listened intently. She did that in the hospital too. My children are my favorite audience. I love it when Andrew or Claire ask me to sing to them.

Mike has been pretty busy at work for the past few days, but when he has a spare second, he is fun to watch with his little girls. I love to see him love on 'em and get excited about their responses to him. They love their daddy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw!

I don't want to cause you stress, but I TOTALLy want to come and play with your babies!

Let me know when you are up to having 'casual' visitors (ie. I'll feel no obligation to help out with anything, but true to my nature when I leave you'll probably have a a cleaner home or something...)

Melanie said...

still hating you from the previous blog. ;)

Janika said...

Melanie, you have no room to hate me. I have to hear, "what's wrong with you? Melanie ran a marathon 2 days after she got out of the hospital." :))

Melanie said...

ha ha ha... too funny. ;)