Tuesday, January 15, 2008

They're Heere





Anastasia Llynn Skembo arrived into the world at 7:56 Am Friday January 11, 2008. She was followed immediately thereafter by Amelia Consuela at 7:57. Anastasia was 6 pounds, 2.7 ounces and 17 1/4 inches long. Amelia was 6 pounds, 3 ounces with a striking additional length of 19 inches. Amelia was the one on the left in my womb who had her feet so much in my ribs. Here is a picture of them in the hospital bed positioned about exactly the way they were for so many months. Anastasia's head is a little pointy because of how low she was in my pelvis.

They had a hard time with nursing because of how early they were born. They slept most of the first day and would not wake up to nurse or suck once they latched on.

Their siblings came to visit a couple of times over the weekend. It has been wonderful to see their excitement and love. It makes us a complete family.

The girls arrived home with Mother late Monday afternoon.

I will keep it short for those with short attention spans. I know you only want to see the pictures anyway.

7 comments:

Maryanne said...

They are so squeezeable. Thank you for posting the pics. Love you.

Kim and family said...

Awwwww. Way too cute. They look pretty identical to me. With the exception of the size difference. What color is their hair? Love the pics. I was hoping they would show up.

Arizona Arnolds said...

What beautiful little babies! I am jelous of everyone who has already held them. I hope you are feeling better everyday! Marla

The Woodward Family said...

They look just perfect! You look really good too in that pic! It's a true miracle...2 little babies!

You are still in my prayers each day!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog very regularly in anticipation. They are just beautiful. Congratulations! Not to ask the obvious, but they were identical weren't they?

Anonymous said...

Very cute Jans and Mike. Good luck and congrats.
Thomas

Anonymous said...

Wow, Janika, your new angels are beautiful... I love the story of the blessings. I'm glad to see everything is well with you and yours. Keep up the good work. ;)