Friday, January 04, 2008

I got the crib all made up yesterday. It made me cry. I'm so excited to have two little babies in my house. I think there is nothing in the world I love more than an infant. But I am so not ready. It still seems so unreal to me.

When I pass by the mirror, I laugh at myself. Mike keeps using the word caricature. I guess that is appropriate, except that it is my head and legs that are disproportionately tiny.

I am not having the baby on the 16th after all because the hospital will only schedule so many c-sections a day. The doctor went ahead and scheduled me for the 11th, but I am not comfortable with that. I want at least another weekend to have a chance to deliver them normally. I suggested to the receptionist that we could fake an emergency c-section. She smiled over the phone and suggested I talk to the Doctor about that when I see him on the ninth.

Consie arrived last night. Today we have set a wonderfully slow pace for ourselves. We have managed to tidy things up a bit without undue strain. Consie is still recovering from an accident where she broke her neck and arm. She is certainly more functional than I am, at this point.

We are having a good time.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Enjoy it all while you can. Your hands will be pretty full here before you know it.

I'm still having the baby dreams for you...

Maryanne said...

The comment that you left on my blog about Ryleigh and her second position dance move. I like to think of that dance as the interprative dance.

Kim and family said...

Goodness-the 11th is already almost here! Good luck and make sure you get pictures of the tummy profile before you deliver. Oh, and it would be nice for you to share that too. Lots of love.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you but will have your hands full. I will be thinking of you. Make sure to take lots of pitures and put them on your blog. Everything will go okay. I send my love.

Jenny Watkins