Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Time!

Today is my last pregnant day. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow (Friday, Jan. 11th) so that I can be prepped for my 7:30 surgery. I went to the doctor yesterday morning and they talked about checking to see if there had become any openings on the 16th because the last I spoke with them, I wanted to wait another weekend. I told them to just keep the appointment we had. After last weekend, I lost all interest in waiting.

Church was ridiculously uncomfortable. I stood up to bear my testimony and couldn't talk because I couldn't breathe because of a sudden back spasm. The Relief Society President said the bishopric sitting on the stand behind me were really funny the way they panicked. The last hour of church I spent breathing through contractions and trying to keep my leg where it wouldn't puff up out of my shoes. Then I found out that one of the sisters in my ward, who is a Labor and Delivery nurse at the hospital I am going to was scheduled to be in the OR the morning of my c-section. She only works one day a week for half a day, and that is where she happens to be. I figured that was a good enough sign that the babies would be fine.

Mom said MaryAnne and Molly were due on the 27th of Nov. and were born on the 4th. If mine are due on the 29th and come on the 11th, they have still had more time in than mom's kids. I am not looking forward to c-section recovery, having experienced it before, but I am resigned to it.

Mom said she was 60 inches tall and 50 inches around by the end of her pregnancy. I am holding pretty steady around 43 inches in circumference at 62 inches tall. I guess that two more inches in height makes a lot more room so they don't have to poke out so much. And they are certainly using every bit of space they have. I get a foot all the way up in my sternum. It pokes out between the ribs.

Mike and his dad insisted yesterday that I get pampered with a manicure and pedicure. Who am I to resist patriarchal authority? So I have supersoft feet and matching french manicure polish on my toes and fingers--and swollen, ugly pig feet.

I have not packed my hospital bag or anything so far. I feel like I am having the opposite of the nesting urge. I think that's the problem with having unnatural delivery. Your body doesn't give you all those neat preparation cues. Maybe I can make an effort, though.

5 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I am SO excited and worried at the same time for you. You'll do fine. You are a champ, and Heavenly Father knows you can handle it. Hey, you grew up in the Dayton Twig!

I know things are going to be crazy, but if you need me to call, or you need to call me, do it!

No matter what, you are in my prayers!!!!

Kim and family said...

By that part of the pregnancy-with two on board-I would have stayed home from church.

Recovery oson the way.!

I can't wait to hear that the girls are here!

Yamaha Drummer said...

I have a smirk operating inside my brain because of all the times Janika has pretended to be Superwoman in the past. She used to tell me how much she liked having babies, and she'd be happy to be pregnant the rest of her life.

I now know that she is completely full of it! Maybe it's just that she's having twins, but I don't think so. I think she tends to forget all the bad stuff once the euphoria of bouncing babies comes into the picture.

Either way, tomorrow we will have two more to add to the collections (and trust me that makes it the whole set). I'm excited, but extremely nervouse at the same time.

Maryanne said...

-K- after I talked to Janika and looked at the picture of her feet. It made me think that she should have put her feet in a large pot of beens because her feet reminded me of Hamhocks.

The Woodward Family said...

Maryanne-that's just mean...but I still laughed...my feet looked like that with Rhett...I gained like 70 pounds with him, and like 50 of that had to have been in my feet and ankles...