Monday, January 21, 2008

Go Ahead, Hate Me

My babies are 10 days old. I am now at my pre-pregnancy weight of 110 lbs. I expect that I will still drop down another 7lbs or so. I need to start exercising to help regulate my thyroid and build some muscle density. At least I have room in my stomach now so I can eat like I like to. My ankles look as scrawny as the babies now. It took several days for the swelling to go down, but down it is. It has also taken a lot longer for my stomach to shrink, because it was so distended, but as of today, I don't really look pregnant any more--just poochy.

I had Isaac c-section, and I remember recovery being more painful with him. Maybe that is because I had staples then. They just put me together with string and tape this time. It is really starting to itch. I know that is a good sign, but it's not a good feeling. At least my uterus isn't cramping when I feed the babies anymore.

They are eating fairly well. Sometimes I feed them tandem, but mostly I do it one on one. I was kind of trying t keep them on a similar schedule, but with tiny babies, it really is best to let them do their thing. As they get into a more regular routine, then I can step in and regulate it.

Mom and Dad Skembo were here until Saturday. My parents came in on Friday, so there was a really short overlap, which was actually kind of disappointing because Mike's mom and mine get along so well.

The babies and I had our first outing since coming home from the hospital on Saturday, when we all (Skembos, Lays, babies and kids) went out for brunch at IHOP. I inhaled mine. Later that afternoon, my mom took the kids shopping. She spent today with them as well at the movie theater. Dad was here most of the time. But every time he leaves, he comes back with more groceries. Maybe I won't drop another 7 lbs after all.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Yeah, we have no choice but to hate you now. My "baby" is almost 7, and I still haven't gotten to pre-pregnancy weight.

Glad to hear you are doing well, as the twin seem to be too. I think the more you are up and about, the faster you get back to that before weight. It was that way with the boys, but when Kylie came along, I vegged for 6 weeks. That's probably why I still have that weight sitting on me...

Say hi to your mom and dad!

Unknown said...

So pretty much, your awesome.

An inspiration.

Kim and family said...

OK, jealous bug has set in. Glad to hear you are recovering well.

Melanie said...

yup i must agree, i hate you too. ;) hehehe... not to be weird or anything, but even before i read this blog i had a dream you were in your regular jeans like days after you had the twins. isn't that crazy??