Thursday, September 13, 2007

Third Blog This Morning

So, apart from Isaac's first football game, which we all went to and watched as a family (Matt even came, as he was in town working that day) and my new dryer, I have a baby in my tummy.

It has been resting for a few days through its growth spurt, but this morning there is a lot of activity. I finally started wearing the maternity clothes that Devanie gave me, but all of the pants are capri length, so I can't wear them to work without looking like a dork in my tennis shoes. IMO, only sandals or dress shoes should be worn with capris--stillettos are questionable depending on how tight the capris are and what message you want to convey.

So, I broke down and bought myself one pair of full-price maternity pants that fit me. I will wear them every day that I work for as long as I work as a pregnant woman. I absolutely love getting a good deal. I hate that there is no such thing as maternity clearance. Maternity clothes are function-driven, not fashion-driven, so there is no selection and no merchandizer motivation to move them out at discount prices. So I have to pay full price for clothes that I can only wear for six months.

I had bought two pair of size 6 jeans a few months ago for under $10 (total) for that in-between phase where maternity just didn't work, but neither did my old pants. The good news is, now that I am in maternity, I can buy at my original size and have all the other proportions where they belong.

Claire stayed home from school yesterday, because she had a bellyache. I usually don't go for that, but I just let her stay. Mike was happy to have an excuse to "work from home." He went in to work as soon as I got home, though, and still put in a full six hours.

It was Wednesday, so I took Isaac to scouts, and for the first time took the girls to Achievement days in this ward since they are with me for the week. They had a great time. I wish I could have Lexi in YW and Mikey in scouts too. Emylie will be in YW in Nov. Maybe we can get her Faith in God completed before then.

I think my washing machine has stopped. Time to go make use of my wonderful dryer.

No comments: