Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Two Weeks of Five Days

I am on my second week of five days of work in a row. I had gotten used to having a day or two off in the middle of the week. I really appreciate having time when the kids are not here to get things done. When I work all week that leaves me with no time when the kids are not here. Right now all I have time for is griping at the kids about doing homework and chores.

I guess I have just spent too many years as an at home mom. What I am doing now, though is only so we can go on our family vacation. Once that is over I will go back to being an at home mom. My income won't be missed because it is all going into savings right now. I will miss my discount, but I am saving up 20% off coupons to make up for it. In case you didn't know, we are trained to pay no attention to expiration dates on Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.

There is still a baby growing inside of me. I love that it is there, but I don't pay much attention to the reality of it. I did a baby journal for all of the others--some more than others. Maybe I have not had the reality dose of hearing the heartbeat and seeing the ultrasound to help me get into being pregnant.

Because the baby was so active lately, and I feel like my belly has gotten so huge lately, I was wondering if it might be twins. Mike's mom said it runs in her family every generation, except for hers. However, I was talking to Marianne at church who, herself is a twin, has had her ultrasound because of her own concerns. She is a couple of weeks different from me, and she is about the same size as me. Her ultrasound shows up single. I like the idea of having a double batch for the last one, but raising an only child will be an interesting experience.

Better go make the kids get their work done.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

Amber was so big I was worried about twins and dreamt I had twin babies that look like packages of bubble gum. One was pink and one was purple. I suppose of the Bubble Yum variety with arms and legs and I was so afraid that people were going to try and eat my babies. By far that was THE weirdest pregnancy dream I ever had.
Even though I am at "home" (when am I actually home some days?) I seem to be having the same issues of not catching up and it's all about homework and chores. And stuff.

The Woodward Family said...

When will you find out how many are in there? I thought at first Rhett was a twin, especially since I was taking fertility pills, but he was just a big boy...8 pounds and 2 weeks early.

The Woodward Family said...

And stuff!

Unknown said...

Janika, this first paragraph sums up my existence right now. I'm glad there are others out there, who are making it...