Thursday, August 16, 2007

Numbers

104 is the number I am thinking of. It goes with 76% I am talking about temperature and humidity. Texas can be a miserable place. I am not looking forward to my electric bill, I'll tell you that. Until last week it has actually been a very mild summer. We had not had a day over 100 degrees all summer, and we have had a fair bit of rain. It is supposed to rain today and temperatures are supposed to cool off.

The next number I am thinking of is 2.54. That is how much I paid per gallon to fill up my tank yesterday. Race Trac is cheap gas, but Exxon is only 2 cents more. In other parts of town the average is closer to $2.65. So there are some advantages to living in Texas.

The final number I am thinking of is 16. That is how many weeks pregnant I am. If I were to go to the doctor and get an ultrasound, the sex of the baby could be determined. My belly has exploded, but certainly not enough that I am obviously pregnant to the general public. Yesterday I weiged in at 115, but this morning I am 117.5, which suprises me. I doubt that more than 116 of that is solid gain.

I went swimming with my husband and our friends Scott and Arren for two nights this week. That little bit of physical activity has really helped boost my energy levels. I am working up to actually being able to exercise.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

Being this far north you wouldn't think we would have hit 100 degrees as many times as we have this summer. But it is the hot without humidity. But it is still hot. I remember swimming pools in Texas felt more like a bath. But at least it feels better than the air bath you get there. I don't miss Texas at all.

Janika said...

Yeah, no cool in the pool. We got into the hot tub to make it feel hot so that the pool would feel cool(ish) but we went after 5p. And the air felt better after getting all wet.

Anonymous said...

Janika,

Must be nice only weighting 115. Today I went to a sister in are wards and she gave me a bunch of handy down clothes and she is real petite and I need to lose about 10-15 pounds to fit in them comfortably. Wish me luck!!!

Unknown said...

Jenny, you shouls Join my Biggest loser competition since you are my sisters friend and all.

http://biglose.devanie.com or just click the link at the left side on www.devanie.com

Hope to see you there it starts Aug 26th!