Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Eeet's Aliiive!

There's something in my tummy. It is starting to move--not enough that anyone else can feel it, and not enough to be easily distinguished from intestinal gas--but it is my baby and it is alive.

Today is my day off, and I just got done coloring my hair. I got it just right this time. It is the same color as my nieces'. I left the light streaks at my temples out of the color for a really natural highlighted look. I often trim it just after coloring it, but I don't think I will this time. I am just letting it grow until I get my late-pregnancy whack. I haven't done a major chop since my divorce three years ago.

I am not liking my job at all now. I got to use a little creativity and help customers in a meaningful way when I was out on the floor. Being stuck behind the register all day really, really stinks. The customers are fine. The people I work with are fine. Doing the same thing over and over is for monkeys. But I am not even that good at it. If I was interested by working with money and computing machines, I could work at a bank--and probably get paid a little better.

I am not one to complain, but most of all, I am not one to spend a lot of time on things that don't interest or challenge me. I think I could probably make better use of my time by employing myself with the skills I have been trained in for years, like music and dance. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janika,

Congradulations with your news. My sister Jill is preagant with her third and is due in three weeks. Last night she went to the hospital because she was having terrible craping but they sent her home to rest. Well all hoping she does not deliver early since her husband is in Larado Texas for the week for work and then flys home for the weekend then he go's to Canada next week for work then he comes home. My mom is just waiting by the phone at all times to get ready to reserve her place on the airplane to get to Kansas City to be with Jill. She is having a little girl of course and the name they have chose is Molly Elizabeth Jepperson. Tell all hello!!!!
Love,JEN

Janika said...

Hey Jen
My in-laws live an hour away from Kansas City. Click on Skembo's Far West over there -> And where it says MaryAnne over there, her twin sister's name is Molly Elizabeth. They are both my sisters. Welcome to my blog!

Anonymous said...

Janika,

I took sometime to look at pictures and read your blogsite. I can't beleive how the kids have grown up and am glad your so happy. If you can e-mail me and teach me how to make a blogsite. Have a good day!!!
Love, JEN

Kim and family said...

Maybe you could work at the Disney store. We saw one of Kelsea's friends at Disneyland. Kelsea said her mom works at the Disney store and gets discounted tickets

Unknown said...

Don't quit your day-job! Look but don't quit just yet. Christmas could offer some fun openings soon keep your eyes out!

jen. . .just go to blogger.com and create an account. it will be your choice name @blogspot.com