Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Back to Work

I have had two days back at Bed Bath and Beyond. I am no longer the towel lady because I trained my replacement well. Instead I work all day long at the customer service desk. The days are longer when you are in one place. Even if it is pretty busy.

My old pants (required uniform) barely fit, and I only have one decent belt that I can wear over my little poochy. Poor smooshed baby. The hardest part about the whole thing is that they do not give me a lunch during my 9-3 six-hour shift, and because I have to man the front the whole time, breaks are not scheduled. A second person often comes in in the afternoon, so that I can at least go to the bathroom and eat a banana or breakfast bar.

I told them I would be there through Christmas, but I don't know how I will do. Tuesday was better than Monday--in a way, so maybe it will keep getting better.

At fourteen weeks, the baby's movement becomes noticeable. Maybe I have felt something, but I have also had a lot of gas.

I had a dream last night about breast feeding, which I think I have done once before already and it was a girl both times. It is the boy's name I have picked out, though--not that I have even mentioned it to Mike. Of course, it doesn't matter what I have, it is going to upset the balance of the sexes. Either way, the child will be too young to be a playmate with any sibs. The boys are currently the youngest, so that might be better, but with the span that already exists, I don't think it will matter. There will be a nearly 8 year difference with Andrew, 9 with Mikey, 10 with Claire. By the time the baby is Andrew's age, Claire will be graduated from High school. Isaac may get back from his mission about the time the child is baptized.

I have today off, so it is time to go hang out with the kids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be fun having the baby when HE gets here. We need more boys speckled through the family anyways! The pregnancy I loath. Much better you than me nowadays. I'm glad that parts over! SOOO glad! Hang out there!

Janika said...

Yeah, the first dream I had about it being a girl was definitely because I had just been around Aroura. We'll see.