Sunday, August 05, 2007

I Feel Fat

Saturday I took Emylie and Lexi to the mall because this week is Lexi's birthday--and school will be starting soon. We had a good time, but it is a huge mall and I was worn out half-way through. I could feel my ligaments stretching under its new weight and I felt so fat. This morning I broke the 114 lb barrier, and I did not even eat a major meal the night before to account for the weight.

In fact I did not have nearly enough to eat yesterday. We got back from the mall at 2:00 and ate lunch. Mike had been working with a friend all day on replacing the timing belt in his BMW (yeah, Dove, he's a beemer guy : ) ). They were in the reconstruction stage and their big fat hands were not working to get a little piece screwed back on to the flywheel since the fan blade was in the way, so they requested my petite dexterity. My hands got good and black.

Then I took the kids to the Aquatic center, which is a really cool community pool. It has a couple of waterslides and a big waterworks wading pool. It is a full rec center as well. We went ahead and got a membership like we have wanted to do for over a year now. It has a weight room, etc. as well. The kids had a great time. It was all in the name of Lexi's birthday.

Then, she wanted Mexican, so I made chicken enchiladas, fixins for soft and hard tacos, as well as taco salad. I had the kids help with that a little bit. I also needed to make a cake. Our friends Scott and Arren came over because it just isn't a party without them. Megan, the other girl in the girls' primary class came as well. She had been at the pool too.

It made for a really long day. Mike sweat it out in the garage all day, but got the project all done with no glitches. He was wiped out. I was no better.

This morning as I was getting ready for church--the 8:30 meeting--I was still ridiculously fatigued. Raising my arms to put on my makeup felt like I was doing a total muscle failure workout--to say nothing of curling my hair. Then it occurred to me that my thyroid might be whacking out--probably not, I have not noticed any hair loss. I just did too much yesterday and I am still recovering.

Sorry, no pictures. I don't even think about that anymore. Sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip. since I have been giving her a multi vitamin she has been doing better. I am trying to get a hold of a doctor that will accept new patients (such crap somtimes...) congrats on your pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Glad you are gaining. I think I just gained "Sympathy weight" with you today. Nathan left town and I have no-one to look after my eating habits while he's away. . I made homemade bread, Bean with Bacon soup, jello and LeeJoe and Kim stopped by (on the way home from Disneyland, Universal, Tiajuana, San Diego Zoo and Sea word, and Las Vegas) my place to eat here and have Strawberry Smothies with me for dinner. I did however, start supergreens again. Since I still have a months supply to get me kick started. Hopefully that will make up for all the yummy homemade bread in the house!

The Woodward Family said...

I wish I had the problem of weighing only 114 pounds! You're pregnant and I'm not and I am MUCH heavier than you!

I like BMW's too, but the one I really like is the most stolen car in Nevada, so I opted for the Porche...doesn't get stolen as much...