Monday, August 20, 2007

Let's Go to the Mall

In honor of the Texas tax holiday, I spent my entire kids' school budget for school clothes and supplies (plus a little more) over the weekend. I had a really great time, I got good deals and lots of stuff for the kids. They should be set for a while.

Mikey and Lexi were here over the weekend. Lexi and I went early to the stores before the crowds picked through the clearance racks. Mike and Mikey met us for lunch. Lexi and I had a great time trying on clothes and looking for deals.

After we were done with our shopping, we went to the Aquatics center and swam for a couple of hours before it closed. It was a long full day. Friday was pretty packed for me as well. I woke up at 5:30, got to the stores by 7 and in two hours had the majority of their school supplies and wardrobe before I had to be to work at 9. Then I drove an hour+ in traffic to pick up M and L. On the way back we stopped at the Galleria mall. I had never been there. It is definitely a more upscale mall. Still we were able to find 3 dresses for $30 at Limited Too. This is really an awesome city to shop in.

In keeping with the theme, I wanted to share a video. It is from How I Met Your Mother, which Mike and I have grown quite fond of. Robin Sparkles is a Canadian teen pop star from decades gone by. One of the cast manages to dig it up. Do a google search for How I Met Your Mother slap bet to watch the full episode. In the meantime, enjoy this video of Let's Go To the Mall with Robin Sparkles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janika,

Tell your sister I will join her BLOG after August 26th. Off to get ready for Singles FHE.

Unknown said...

so...let me get this straight... you want us to go to the mall...today??