Friday, August 24, 2007

Goodbye Summer

Now that the temperatures are up to Texas normal, summer vacation is nearly over. It has been a long, wonderful summer. Because of a Texas legislation changing the time when school could start, we had two extra weeks of summer. This will go on record as the longest summer vacation my children will have--until that inevitable one puts off going to college in the fall for whatever reason.

I got the kids registered in their new schools yesterday, though there are many details to wrap up. Claire and Andre will be going to the same elementary school. Emylie and Isaac will be going to the same middle school. Claire said she is kind of excited to go back to school, and she doesn't even care that it's a new school. Emylie, on the other hand is having horrible separation anxiety from her friends. The funny part is, she is the only one who already has a really good friend in the ward who will be going to school with her. Her issue is not really finding new friends, it's leaving the old ones, and she is worried about being disloyal to her friends by liking the new ones better. She is stressing herself out and her bald spots are much worse now. We are worried about her.

Speaking of hair, seeing as I am pregnant, and I knew I would be cutting my hair, and had decided how I would do it, I decided not to wait until the late trimester to shock everyone with my new look. I did it myself, of course. I would put up a picture, but I don't have time before I go to work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw the new look last night.

I think I may have over emphesized the point.

Too bad. IT IS ADORABLE!