Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ketchup

Just to catch you up on my week. I have not blogged because I became addicted to Hexic. My thumb hurts from using the XBox controller so much. I hate myself. I don't have things in my life that I am addicted to. I know the things I could get addicted to in a hurry, and I usually avoid them altogether. I was not strong this time. Now I must pay the price. Apart from the self-loathing, there is the knowledge that all that time spent could have been used to complete any number of projects that I have been working on or have hopes of doing.

There is a small advantage to having played the game. My spatial visualization skills have improved and I have been able to work out some staging problems with the theatrical production I am working on. Another advantage is the bonding I have had with my husband. He thinks it is funny. He encourages me because I don't get on his case so much when I am so obviously flawed myself. The trouble is, we stayed awake too long, way too many nights with one playing it online and the other on the XBox. I have had the highest score so far, but I take a lot of time to calculate my moves. He can score almost as high without taking the amount of time I do.

In other news, the motherboard failure caused the loss of all data on the two hard drives it was attached to. The good news is that we had not been using that computer for long, and did not have a ton of data on it. To clarify, that was Mike's new self-built computer. MY computer that I have had since 05 crashed when we moved and we still have not hooked up the hard drive to see if that data has survived.

One thing that is obvious is that I need to post more pictures more often so that fewer are lost should such a thing happen again. Mostly, I am endeavoring to have hard copies of all my pictures--which I had actually started doing before Mike's crash. Today, however is not the day for me to post those pictures.

Anastasia was fitted yesterday for a Tot Collar to help her strengthen the muscles on the left side of her neck. Physical therapy has given her full range of motion, but she does not have the strength to move it herself.

Both of them are adorable, though as they nod their heads yes and no. Amelia goes nuts with it. Sometimes it is in response to a question, sometimes it is headbanger dancing. Whenever they are watching adults talk and they start nodding in acknowledgement of each other, the babies raise their eyebrows and start bobbing their heads as well. They are picking up on so much so fast. We were pretty sure that Amelia was going to walk first, but Anastasia is catching up.

This morning the girls were helping me wake Mike up. I put Amelia on the bed and told her to kiss Daddy. She moved to his face and made the kissie sound without any visual cues from me or him. She knew exactly what I was talking about and did it.

4 of the 6 In and Out Kids were here the extended weekend. I played Legos with Andrew and helped the girls sort out their clothes. The babies love having their siblings around. Isaac's new friend, Colton went to church with us on Sunday. They were together all weekend.

My belly is full from a big fat homemade bacon cheeseburger. That's the end of Ketchup.

5 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Truth be known...I've really missed you!!!Glad you're back!

Arizona Arnolds said...

Good to have you back again.
Was that a "gift of meat" Burger by chance?
I think I am jealous.

Janika said...

The gift of meat burgers were enjoyed much earlier than this week, but the memory of love lingers ;)

Kim and family said...

I just wanted to say "mustard"

Unknown said...

Hey Jans sorry bout your data loss. I have some pictures on my harddrives and back-up with you and the babies when you were here and when I was there. If you do not have them on CD already let me know.
XOXO
and thanks for Catching up with your Ketchup or Catsup
Devanie