Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthday Cake






As a special birthday present, I let the girls lick the frosting beaters. Between the two of them, they could not blow out a candle, though they have started blowing on their food when it is hot and they can blow simple woodwind instruments for music.
They really liked their chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. Because I am a person of integrity, I will record for history that that the Birthday Cake came a few days after the actual birthday. I refused to have anything like a birthday party for people who had no idea what birthday even meant. Yeah, this is not my first child's first birthday. We get more reasonable with experience. Doesn't mean we love the kids less. This time I am just saving up Birthday excitement for kids who appreciate it. I burnt myself out on birthdays before the kids have memories to appreciate it.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I think Autumn ruined the film I had of her first birthday so I have no pictures. It gets a little harder the more you have to get into the birthday thing. The tooth fairy seems to have the same problem.

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming over to visit!! It was great to visit with you and your cute girls. We'll have to do that more often so we can get some cute pictures of the five girls! How fun would that be? Huh?

Anonymous said...

They're just as cute as they could be! But what a downer for them. Not having a proper first birthday party. Well I never! ;-)