Friday, June 01, 2007

A Date

Random tidbit, the drought in Texas is over. (It never felt like a drought to me.) In the entire month of May there were a total of nine days without rain in the Dallas area. That does not mean there were 9 sunny days.

Therefore, my plans to go on a picinic with my husband on Memorial day (a re-enactment of our first meeting one year ago) were foiled.

I was supposed to go out with my husband last night as well, but he got an email invite from a president of a publishing, marketing, and distribution company he has been working with. He and another friend are putting together a magazine for car enthusiasts. I was really disappointed about cancelling our plans, but I want him to seize every opportunity. He didn't get home until almost 11 and I made him stay awake until 1 so I could talk to him. I have a lot on my mind lately, but I don't often get to express it.

For a month now, I have been trying to explain that we need to set a date for getting positive word on a job and pray about it. He has insisted that the "We pray in our time and the Lord answers in his." He was opposed to setting a demand like that on the Lord. I insisted that that was the entire premise of the church missionary program, and it was doctrinally sound to reqest specific answers at a specific time.

So, finally, last night we set a date and prayed about it. We'd like to ask everyone to do the same on our behalf. We have asked that Mike be gainfully employed in his chosen carreer field--have confirmation of it, at least, by June 15th. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

If our prayer is answered in our time, the kids and I will see you all at the beginning of July.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

I thought I posted a comment and I guess I imagined it. Anyways I suppose the date thing should be beneficial. The laws of attraction say so as long as there is the pursuit in follow up of the request. It worked for us that way when we got desperate to get out of our small 2 bedroom trailer with the 4 girls after a year of waiting for something to happen. I hope it works for you.