Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Being with my kids

I love having my kids around. I was grumpy at them yesterday and/because I never did anything with them but it is so wonderful to have them around. We did watch a movie last night. All the kids had seen Over the Hedge, but we hadn't. I slept through the middle of it, so I missed what Mike said was the best part. Then we read scriptures together, which we have done every night that the kids have been here. Mike and I are better at remembering when it is not just for us we have to remember.

The day before, I spent a few hours online with the kids. Separate rooms, same world...of Warcraft. Emylie and Claire created a new character on their dad's accout on my realm (shadow council) so that we could play together. I am a gnome mage and level 22. I helped them kill things and complete quests and managed to help them get to level 7. Claire freaked out because I took her to Shimmer Ridge where the trolls are level 9 when she was level 5. I told her all she had to do was stay back and loot corpses. She got the shimmerweed she needed for her quest, but she didn't want to play after that. She did die once, but when I was going through that area for the first time, I was a level 10 and got myself killed about 20 times.

Yes, you are still reading Janika's blog. I have thrown away 3 days, one hour and 18 minutes of my life for a game--and I'm not finnished. One of our visiting managers talked to me at length on my last day of work because she plays too. Everybody was laughing at us all day, because neither of us seem like the type of people who would do that. It is my husband's fault. He made me make a character. I like that I can play with the kids, even though this week was the first time I had, but we have been able to talk about it together for months.

It is too hot in TX to spend much time outside in the summer unless you have easy access to a pool. So we will play World of Warcraft.

I did a little family history work yesterday because dad asked a question about some of the information I had sent him. There was a big mistake somewhere and I had to fix it. I will be going to the temple today for the Stake Relief Society trip and do some family names--maybe they will do some of the ones I have as well. Tomorrow I will probably go again, and a couple of my guy friends from the ward are going to do the inititories on the male names that dad sent for whom Isaac and the youth here did the baptisms.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Those darn computer games can sure take time away in a hurry. I had some fun with something not so complicated. We have had the rollercoaser tycoon games. And my sister and her man were hooked on zoo tycoon. Then I got hooked on aol computer puzzle games for while. But it is nice to find something other than chores and TV to do at home in the summer. We just got on Netflicks though so we will get caught up on a bunch of movies we haven't seen and get my kids up to the rest of the world since they haven't even seen Wizard of OZ and just saw Sound of Music a couple of months ago. We are watching Phantom of the Opera this weekend. Happy playtime to you-its sounds like the packing isn't happening yet. My comment is more like a blog- isn't it? Sorry

Janika said...

More like a Janika comment for sure. Sometimes I will be commenting on someone's blog and think, I should just post this as mine.