Monday, June 18, 2007

One Year

I have been married for one full year. It is nothing short of a miracle. It has been a bumpy ride. Matt and I never went through anything like this. We always had a steady income--and consistent wastefullness. We rarely disagreed (out loud). We always knew what was coming next. Maybe that is why it didn't last. Our relationship was safe and eventless. Our trials were minimal. Yes there were military separations, but I liked those. It may be that adversity is key to a lasting and successful marriage.

Sunday was Father's day, and our anniversary. Nothing worked out the way we wanted it to all weekend. We got Lexi and Mikey back to their mom in the late afternoon and sat down for some alone time. His home teaching companion called and said that one of the ladies on his route was escaping from her ex-husband who found out where she lived--again--and was beating her up.

We did manage to take some time for each other. I do love being in my honey's arms. We didn't give each other a single, tangible thing. I didn't even make a nice dinner for us. We had leftovers. Mike loved it even better last night than he did the night before. We had some sparkling red grape juice that I had bought last month for a picinic that never happened on account of rain.

Our projected June 15th miracle has results yet to be determined. We had actually set a date last month, but were not as specific about it as we thought we needed to be. But both 15th's produced the same results. I will not discuss them because I have noticed that every time I post something positive or talk about it, it falls through. Suffice to say, we have no job and no money--only hope. But we do have hope--that's something.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

Somethings got to give soon for you. Lots of love hope and prayers to you!!

Unknown said...

Just quit being so picky about jobs I guess. or move to Utah where jobs are plentiful. and homes are probably going to get REALLY cheap cuz they aren't selling as fast as they were a year ago. I do read your posts. I just never really know if you are going to give me a ton to read or not because well . . .look at your history out of 30 days in a month the most you have written was last month with 6 posts. So I don't check every single day. Lets not be guilt trippn' if I find a commentworthy blog I'll comment. If I am busy nursing a baby, changing 2 diapres, chasing to school 3Xs a day, and trying to keep my family fed and clothed and clean then I may not have that moment to say something. Like right now. I just passed by. I have on my desk. . .Hailey's B-Day cake mix and 2 other choises, frosting and 2 bags of goldfish waiting to see Hailey for Decisions for her party tomorrow while we bake 3 dozen cupcakes, return phone calls and try to make dinner, and watch the babies and clean the house. Cheers to you who can get rid of your kids for 5 days. Some of us are connected to them all day. Aurora needs me, Hailey needs me Zachs taking a 2nd Nap and Sierra is at the neighbors.

Janika said...

I know what you're doin. I read you're blog