Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mikey is getting baptized on Sunday, June 24th at 7pm. We would have done it Saturday, but Grandpa Skembo could not have made it that day. He is excited. I am glad, too because it probably would not have happened if Mike had gone to Iraq.

The four kids are with Grandma Carruthers still, except for Isaac, who I had to pick up last Saturday so he would be able to go to scout camp. Tragically, he is the only one from the ward who is going, but there are some people from the other ward that he knows. I had Mike take him at 3:30 Monday morning, since I had to work that day, but I should have just done it myself because it ended up that I had to go and sign a form that we had missed. I guess I was really nervous about Isaac's first year of camp--which is really out of character for me--because I kept waking up, and after I got back from sending him off, I had really wierd dreams about him (and about not being able to go back to sleep before I had to go to work, but I woke up and realized it was a dream.)

Mike is on his way to Scout camp now because they wrangled him into being an adult leader for the second half of the week. It is less than two hours away, but he left at rush hour, so we'll see.

This week, so far was pretty nice. Lexi and Mikey stayed the weekend and left this morning (Wednesday). We played board games, played together at the park and watched a few movies. Yesterday was our first really hot day--yes, I'm still in Texas--and the kids really wanted to go swimming, but we had already spent our swimming allotment. They asked me what friends I had with a pool. My good friend, Arren Quigley just got called to be Mikey's primary teacher and he asked me if she had a swimming pool. Since she lives in an appartment complex, I took a shot at it.

Mike was getting home from his job interview about that time so we all spent the evening in the pool. Arren, her husband Scott, his brother James and his two sons had a great time. We got hungry by 9:00 and decided to pool our food resources for a bbq at our house. Then we watched Emma, with Gwennyth Paltro. The kids were asleep early on, Scott complained about the lack of shooting or sword fights--even though the young Obi Wan was in it--Mike enjoyed it but prefered to complain for Scott's sake.

There's more to say, but I don't want to keep MaryAnne from her homework after a long day in a mail truck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You will have to get in touch with me so we can figure out reunion =)