Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spring!

It is spring in Texas. We had a cold day, then a rainy day or two and now there are green sprigs of grass popping through the neighbor's yard--not mine because my yard stinks and I haven't done anything with it. I did plant some bulbs last year--narcissus, to be exact--and they have buds on them!

We had a really mild winter this year. The past two years have been a little rougher. This year, I never had to scrape frost off my windows. However, I think my heating bill was higher because I was more generous on my thermostat, what with babies and guests in the house.

Speaking of babies, they are wonderful. I noticed today that they are getting a little more "fullness" in their necks. They are just starting to be more responsive. They smile more and spend more time looking around and wondering about the world. The have incredibly strong necks and like to do crunches when they are propped up against a pillow. When Amelia is leaning on my chest she lifts up her head and looks around with her wonderful cross-eyed stare and puckered lips.

To follow up on the last post, I used the Lansinoh sample that I got at the hospital and feed the girls a bottle 2-3 times a day, which has cut down immensely on my soreness.

7 comments:

Kim and family said...

We are slow to warm up and the sun doesn't touch my front yard so that it still has ice all over it. But we have seen the sun for about a week now. YAY!

Glad to hear things are feeling better.

Unknown said...

MMm, yes Lanolin is good stuff.

So are bottles, but you can't use a bottle as a super moisturizer in addition to healing the ouches.

The gals in the ward I grew up in swore by it and would share if our hands were really dry or whatever.

If I remember correctly it's the same stuff that comes from sheep fur. ....

Yum! you could have chops for dinner and lanolin rubbed into your skin and you'd be one step closer to living in Ireland... or becoming a sheep...

Baa-ram-ewe!

Yamaha Drummer said...

LOL!!! That was entertaining! and very descriptive.

Janika said...

To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true!

Unknown said...

You can also use your milk to make you feel better. That's a quick CHEAP fix!

Kim and family said...

It's snowing again-bleep bleepety bleep. Baa

The Woodward Family said...

It's raining and snowing and sunny here (all at the same time). But at least it's fairly warm. Nothing blooming or growing here yet, though. You're lucky.

I never had problems nursuring...so I can't really feel for you, but my thoughts are with you.

And stuff.