Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Second Coming

Yes, my husband has returned. The company did not submit his security clearance right, and so he became ineligible for the position. We don't know how long is will take to correct the situation, so we are looking into other jobs that do not require a security clearance. The objective is still Iraq. We feel good about going. Maybe with a month's delay, the timing will be perfect, we will have averted some risky situation, like my dad did during the Vietnam war. He was sent to the less volatile Korea because of the Pueblo incident. He had opted out of officer school and remained enlisted or he would have been in the thick of Vietnam.

Anyway, maybe we will find a position with a better company or salary. It was devastating to have that job fall through, but nearly a week later, I am grateful and hopeful. We have fasted for a solution by the fifteenth of this month. The other company already paid us for one week of his training and are going to pay us for another week. That will get us through the month nicely, but doesn't get us out of the hole that we got into to get the job.

Now I get to brag on my honey. W0rd got out that I didn't have a washing machine. One of the ladies in the ward had one that they had tried unsuccessfully to repair themselves. It is the same model as my old one, but 5 years newer, at least. You guessed it, Mike fixed it. It was completely different from my old one, mechanically, but he said it was easy, and that he could do it again, knowing how, in less than and hour. It is so thrilling to have a man that can get stuff done.

Our home teachers gave us their old dryer. I have now washed alll of the laundry I had gotten behind on. It feels great.

If everything works according to our faith, we will not have to change our summer plans, except, perhaps, to condense them. It will take a miracle, but I believe in those things. I hear about them all the time. Sometimes they even happen to me.

Time to take Isaac to scouts.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

I will hope for the best for you guys. I have told you plenty we feel your pain. Take care!! lots of love!!

Unknown said...

Glad too hear some money is coming in. Nathans boss just quit and he's left working 3 jobs(within the company). When he gets a new boss I bet he won't ease up on Nathans work becasue he will want to leave things as they are. It's a very bad situation. Hopefully Nathan will be able to let go of some of his work on his own.

The Woodward Family said...

Things happen for a reason. I think you'll make it, though, your faith sounds strong...remember, let go and let God.

Maryanne said...

Iraq, arack, one you need a security clearence, one you need a good DR. And it all happended for a reason. I think that you both need each other anyway. With or without arack, I mean Iraq.