Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sleep Patterns

I took Emylie and her friend to First Monday Trade Days in Canton this weekend with her friend. We met up with Sybil, our former next door neighbor. I bought a couple of Christmas presents and a special, but expensive organizational tool--an antique miniature trunk.

Monday, the kids here had the day off for "Fair Day" so they could utilize the free tickets to go to the state fair, but if you already read my previous post, you know that we did that already. We had a work day instead. They helped me clean house and watch babies. I sanded down a toddler bed to paint so I can put away the babies cribs. They are almost 21 months now. Tragically, they have not taken naps for the past four days. I am concerned that they are not going to anymore. I have never had children stop naps this early. I only know that when it takes more time and effort to get them to take a nap than you get from then napping, it is time to quit. I will still institute a mandatory stay-in-your-bedroom time if this is permanent. But I need to put them in bed by seven instead of eight if that is the case.

My mom called me Sunday morning to let me know that my grandma is in hospice care and not expected to live much longer. Last night I woke up at 2:30 and did not get back to sleep until almost 4. I had a lot of things troubling me because of a certain child of mine, but I thought of my grandma and how long she has been without her husband and how joyous their reuniting embrace. That hoped for joy gave me peace and helped me to relax and get back to sleep.

Still, I feel very groggy and would have been grateful to not have to take Isaac to Seminary or respond to my husbands alarm for work.

1 comment:

Kim and family said...

I do not like early morning seminary any more than the kids do. Here you can have a zero hour class in it's place so you can take it during the day. No real improvement there---unless the child finally gets their drivers license. But now it is making sure she gets up but now it's a grade that counts. Go figure.

Take care. I hope you do find some comfort.