Monday, September 28, 2009

For Me

I have not been motivated to post lately because I thrive on the comments of others, and nobody seems to be reading blogs anymore, so I need to get into the mindset that this is my journal for me. The trouble is, there is not too much I want to talk about these days. Nothing is bad. It some ways it is too good. I don't want to rub it in everyone else's faces or have them comment about how jealous they are. But after 8 months of being unemployed we finally got a job and it is a great job. Mike is making big money and we are spending it.

I have not taken pictures, but we got a new living room and dining room set. The couch is a squarish contemporary sectional and the dining set (which shares the same open space is an ultra traditional dark wood with huge leather chairs with nailhead trim. We still have to replace the "builders special" "chandelier" and have the 3-pendant light set picked out. I have also bought paint to cover up the contractors flat white walls and have no idea when I will be able to actually put it on the walls. I assure you, I will not be doing it while the babies are awake. There are a ton of other home improvement things I want to do, like get the toddler bed up and put away the crib and pack 'n' play and fix up the girls bedroom. All the kids need to have their rooms painted. We also want to put in hardwood floors and tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. I will not be doing the bathrooms. I have done a bathroom before, but taking out the toilet and getting it back in makes it more of a chore than I am willing to do.

Isaac is at Seminary right now and the other kids should be getting ready for school, but I don't think Claire has made it out of her room.

We went to the Texas State Fair this weekend and tried the deep-fried butter. It looked like a donut hole with a juicy center of melted butter. Sprinkled with powdered sugar and dipped in jam, it was almost like food. However, it left a film of fat on the palette. We can say we have tried it. That is enough. We will stick to the funnel cake.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about posting... but I find that when I actually DO post something after an absence from my blog, someone posts a comment.

For my part I WANT to see all your cool new things! I'm so happy for ya'll!

slist

Janika said...

I was looking forward to posting pictures in a short time, but tragically, the babies broke my camera this morning.

Kim and family said...

Sorry to not comment as much as usual. I kind of feel the same way. FOr some reason I can't comment on Devanie's blog.

Glad to hear that things are finally going well for all of you. And yeah-deep fried butter--ewww.

Arizona Arnolds said...

One of my favorite things about growing up in Texas is State Fair Day! I tried to go to the Arizona State Fair, but it left me feeling empty. Sadly, no goes or cares that there is a fair. No Tex welcoming everyone & no day off from school.

Texas State Fair is just the best!

I hope you enjoyed it for me.