Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Down With the Sickness, Yo

Mike may be the only one who has not gotten the second round of 2-day headache-fever-weakness. Everybody has missed a couple of days of school. The babies spent an entire day cuddled in our laps. I called off choir practice and missed church. Those who have recovered still have coughing mucus. There have been 15 swine flu deaths in the Dallas area and a few people in my ward have gotten it. But it does not worry me at all. I did not even consider taking anyone to the doctor because nothing has been that serious. I did go so far as to give the babies Tylenol, but the older kids got echinacea, and fluids as did I. Other than that, the human body is amazing and can take care of itself with minimal help and financial outlay.

I spent yesterday in my weakened state of recovery washing sheets, towels, blankets at my husband's request and all the regular Monday laundry. I still had two more loads to do this morning. I think my dryer is not working properly. It takes way too long to dry. It is a Kenmore Elite that I bought less than 3 years ago and it is falling apart on every level. All my appliances are going to be GE from now on (because I do not want to go super high end LG and whatever).

I kept the TV running all day to slow my pace and give me an excuse to sit down. And I still managed to hand in my rough draft for my term paper 2 hours ahead of schedule. I am that good--even if I don't feel that great. Time to let the babies out of their beds.

1 comment:

The Wes Gordon Family said...

we bought a "Fisher & Paykel" washer & dryer 3 years ago, and I still LOVE them, they are very neat, check them out.

Sorry about the yuckies, good girl on mending the kiddos. pump up the fluids (sang to the tune of pump up the jam)