Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Stomach Hurts Really Bad

i
This weekend we took the kids to the mall--it's what everybody wanted. Lexi was not feeling well, but she figured she would not feel well whether she was at the mall or at home, so she, of course, opted for shopping. Even that could not hold her long. She kept getting sick and Mike took her home while we finished our shopping. The best deals were at Children's place, DEB and 579. Everybody got a little something--even the sick-o. She found the deals at DEB before she couldn't take it anymore.

She was asleep when we got home, but at 3 AM she came to our room crying. Mike took her to the hospital in Rockwall and called me throughout the night to update. She had a CAT scan to determine if it was ovarian cysts or appendicitis. It was appendicitis. I think it was around 9 that she went in for surgery and had her appendix removed.

I woke up not feeling well either. Lexi, Emylie and Mikey have recently had a 24hr. stomach flu. Emylie's came while she and Lexi were at girls camp, which they came back from on Friday. I was really tempted not to go to church, but Mikey and Claire had talks to give in primary and I had to direct choir before church. My blood sugar bottomed out and it was all I could do while I was leading the music during sacrament meeting to keep my arms moving--and, of course, I picked long songs this week. By the second hour, all of our obligations were fulfilled, and I was fading, so I got the kids out of their classes and tried to go home, but we stopped to see Lexi at the hospital. She was awake and doing pretty well. The did a simple 3-incision lacroscopic proceedure. She will be recovering at her mom's.

Mike was up all night and spent the whole day at the hospital except for the few minutes he squeezed out to come see Claire and Mikey's talks in primary. He came home around 7 and crashed. He will be back up at 5:30 so he can go see Lexi again before he goes to work. She will be released sometime tomorrow. Her mom will probably be there all day since she has the day off.

I added some pictures that Lexi took while we were sitting outside her mom's house after she got out of the hospital.

Life is good here. Thanks for asking.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I don't know where all the bloggers are. You could write a song about that huh?

I hope Lexi recovers well and at least she isn't missing school. My brother had appencitis when he was 6 and I had to miss school and stay home with him before we knew that is what he had. It can be pretty scary how bad it can get so quickly. So good call on that one.

Janika said...

The good call was Mike's. I probably would have waited at least until morning--probably.

Anonymous said...

probably shouldn't spread sicknesses to other people...even if there are obligations to fill. but hope you all are doing better.