Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bad Beginning


Grandpa is in town for a couple of days. We took him to his semi-annual physical, he took us to Krystal Burger. He took the kids to see Up. We took him to see--um The Proposal. We started out with Year One, but the beginning was so bad we walked out. That was just in time to see the movie we had originally intended to see, but did not really want to wait for.

I finished my constitution class. I got a perfect score on my final, but it is not worth that much to me because the teacher only made generic comments and no markings on the paper. I got full marks throughout the course. I think I deserved them, but I can't help but wonder how easy it was for the other students to get full marks too.

I have already started my next class, which is history of education in America. I am looking forward to this course as well. I really like going to school, but I am trying not to put in so much effort so that I have time to do other things.

The babies had a horrible day today. No, I had a horrible day with the babies. There were only a few bad moments but the were momentous and bode very poorly for future days. The are climbing on chairs and then onto tables and spilling everybody's half-drunk drinks and pouring out half-bottles of pancake syrup for a little snack. Okay, it was mostly Amelia. But Anastasia went outside with me to get in the car before we took Grandpa to his flight physical and she shot off down the sidewalk and was to the opposite side of the neighbor's property before I could catch up with her. They have nearly figured out the divide and conquer method, where they split up and I can't grab both of them at the same time. It is time to break out the harnesses.

No, it's time for bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was in the kitchen yesterday. Zach went out the front door. I started to follow he said he wanted to go to the neighbors pool. he Jetted for the neighbors house leaving the door open for Aurora to escape. I walked to the door, calling them to come back Aurora was already at the curbon the main street and Zach was alreay around the next crner asking Karen if he could swim. I started after the nightbors house with Aurora(both in swimsuits). Knowing that karen would say no, that's what I was doing in the kitchen. . .calling to see if they could go over. She had said no and i new he would be coming back our way - (intuition) however when he finally reached me he got a spank right there and a scolding for getting out AND letting Aurora out. I'mhoping he learned his lesson but er got a lock for the top of the door(needs to be installed) so this doens't happen anymore. Aurora has no concept of pavement since we have a cul-du-sac andshe can play on it ALMOST anytime.

Arizona Arnolds said...

Kids are such a joy & aerobic at the same time!

My neighbor took the kids so Mom & I could have "fun" time. We got mani & pedis and then shopped for swim wear...UGH.

Upon arrival home gum was spread all over the back seat of the car, 2 cups of water spilled in the kitchen and Tiki torches fell domino style in the garage.

The fun never ends!

I think you should get an award for 8 kiddos!

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about the twins two timeing you... I was just about to write you an e-mail and I don't think I have a good e-mail address for you. Help! I want to send you e-mails! (also I wanted to know if you remember when we visied the Case's and we took that picture... di dthat go on our camera? I can't find it anywhere)
Much luv!

bolodl