Monday, June 01, 2009

Go Ni-Ni

I am upstairs waiting for the babies to follow me so I can put them in bed for their nap. They follow me everywhere. I do not have to tell them to come. They are at the bottom of the stairs now. They are tired from jumping on the trampoline.

There's Amelia. She's always first. She loves her nap. Finally Anastasia.

I took them to nursery in the final hour of church. They have 4 more weeks before they are officially old enough to go, but they were wired, tired and hungry. I packed a snack for them and left it on the kitchen counter. We were just in time for snack in the nursery though. I stayed with them and watched them interact with the other kids. Peyton was really interested in them and kept touching them and getting close to them. But the babies were not as interested in her as they were in singing time.

Then during bubble time, I don't know the girl's name but she used to love on the babies when we first moved here, she gently came up to them, one at a time, time after time, and hugged them. Which was so sweet to see because before she knocked them over when they were barely able to sit up when she tried to hug them.

They had a great time. I would have gone to my class, but I was having so much fun in there with them. I had choir practice just before church and one person plus my accompanist (thanks Rachel) showed up in the last 15 minutes--which is 1/2 the time allotted to us. I have a 1/2 hour window to try to teach people a song. That is not much of a sacrifice. I think people are like me. It is hard to remember things. That is why I will be making phone calls next week before church.

The babies have been playing here long enough. Anastasia just said Ni-ni? I said, "you ready?" and they both marched into the bedroom. Oops, I just remembered I took everything off their beds to wash them today.

No comments: