Sunday, May 03, 2009

Don't Mind Me, I'm Asleep


I don't even know how long it has really been, and I am really too tired to post anything, but I'll give you a sloppy snack of Janika's Latest. Kids were all here this weekend and we got to have a little adventure. It rained off and on all day Saturday, getting progressively worse through the evening. The sky got darker and greenish. The rain came down really hard. Hard enough that the kids were done playing in it. It got so intense that we couldn't really see out the window. But the kids were able to see well enough to know that the trampoline had been picked up by the wind and got its legs dropped out of their sockets. Our eastern fence blew over and the western one had a little more lean than it used to have. Our neighbors behind us got one of their fences knocked over too.

When it died down, the girls went outside to tell our eastern neighbor that their dogs were out and our fence was down. They worked together to put it back up. They said one of the neighbor ladies saw a funnel cloud and a bird get struck by lightning and explode. Don't know about all that, but there was flooding and a whole lot of fences and signs down this morning.

We never lost power. We heard at church that some people did, but they were not in our neighborhood.

This is the last week of my anthropology class, so I have a term paper due this week, so I will not be likely to post here in that time, unless I put up some of my anthropology discussions like I have been thinking of doing.

Now I have to convince my husband to go to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jans I miss you guys! love that you are posting here and there. we really need to see you guys soon!