Friday, May 15, 2009

10 Minutes at the Park.


Amelia is sitting on my lap with a fever and I can hardly see the screen because my eyes are so puffy and swollen with allergies, but I missed you, and I don't feel like cleaning anything. Anastasia was really fussy this morning and was better after I put some teething gel on the tiny spot of gum between her front teeth and molars. While I was at it, I put some on Amelia since they always cut their teeth together. That may be why Amelia has a fever.

I finished my anthropology class, but I did not post any of my writing from there and now I can't because ANOTHER computer had a breakdown. Fortunately my assignment was turned in before the failure. The problem is the power supply. It is like a car having a dead battery. The engine is fine but it won't start. We will replace the power supply as soon as we get paid. I had a dream last light the Mike said we got paid early and it was $3000. I was a little disappointed to wake up with only a memory.

I put the babies in the wagon this morning and took them for a walk to the park. It was a solid 10 minute walk, 10 minute play time and 10 minute trip back. Anastasia was a little more excited about climbing and sliding. There are no swings in the neighborhood : ( We got home in time to watch Backyardagains over lunch. Then it was nap time.

I am looking forward to the American Idol finale. Kris made it to the top two because Mike voted for him. Mostly, Mike was hoping that Adam would get the boot. He can't stand the theatrics and doesn't think that Adam is anything like a rock star. I think Adam is expressive and creative and that he has a great voice, but I agree with Mike that Kris has a much better chance of being a really successful artist. Adam will have a ridiculously loyal fan base but he takes too many risks and will not appeal to the masses.


Kris is an all-around guy-next-door CU! TIE! He just needs a good producer to guide him through the music selection process and he will be all over the charts. Did you notice, he plays piano AND guitar. He is a good all-around musician.

I think it would be great if he won, but he will probably be better off if he doesn't. Idol fails to maximize the success of their artists.

3 comments:

♥Lexi Luee♥ said...

Okay, I love the girls and their little trip.

But Kris is great, I love him and his voice.

But Adam has a way better chance, because he can make his voice into whatever tone he wants. So, yeah(: haha


I love American Idol(:

Kim and family said...

Those girls are getting big.

I hardly watch any television lately. If I do it is either really late or on Saturday and Sunday. We don't have cable or satellite either though. I would probably watch a lot more.

I hope that things get better for you guys soon We are finding things getting harder and harder here. I am ready for the turn around.

OK my word verification is quite silly--vaguming

Arizona Arnolds said...

About 18 month old is my favorite baby age. How sweet these moments at the park. You are a good mommy to take them for a fun play date.

I couldn't believe Kris made it through. I thought the Go Mister would win, and I was dreading that!

We downloaded a few Kris, Allison and Adam songs and were surprised at how much more we liked Kris. He is actually even better in audio!

Maybe he can gather all the Goke votes and beat the Drama Queen.
(have you seen his Wicked clip on You T.ube?)