Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life Beyond Blogging




One of the most important things I have had to do that has kept me from blogging, is get the final achievement in Hexic on the XBox. I can't explain the compulsion of it. I only wish the truly important things in life were as compelling. But I succeeded in getting over 2 million points after creating 6 black pearls and joining them in a circle. And, yes, I am a better person for it.

It was in pursuit of that goal that I noticed how quiet the kitchen was. As I expected, both babies had fallen asleep over their animal crackers.

They also have become afficianados of the Xbox themselves. I let them play with the uncharged extra controllers and the push the buttons. They cuss (euphamistically of course) and cheer the game like I do.

My digital achievements pale in comparison to the relief of getting our tax return. With 2 new baby deductions for 08, and a new home deduction, we are sitting pretty. Well, we would be if we weren't so far behind from being out of work for the past 6 months.

The girls can both walk, but do not. They still think crawling is a lot faster. They are 14 months old and one day. They h-a+ve bee+n really fu+ssy the+*96+st*9*99999 past few days because they have messy sick.d It has been really hard for me to get anything done. That was Anastasia's signa-ture, by the way. I don't know where Amelia is, but I am sure the click of the keyboard will lure her soon enough.

I missed sacrament meeting on Sunday because of stupid daylight savings time. Apparently they just decided to go with the songs the previous ward had used on the board, and I have no idea who ended up leading the music (because that is all my job, see).

I gave the babies their first hair cut yesterday. They do not have their cute little curls anymore, but they no longer look like they have mega-mullets. I am trying to help their short top hair catch up with their long back hair.

It was almost too warm here last week. I actually had to use the A/C. Now the heater is back on because we got a very wet cold front. We had tons of rain yesterday (2.6 inches). So I am stuck in the house, bored out of my mind while Mike parties in Denver because he had to go up there and pay a traffic ticket in person. They told him he would just have to pay and that would be the end of it, but they told him when he got there that he needed to appear in front of the judge and they needed 3 business days to get the paperwork together and set the date. We cannot afford to have him going back and forth, so he pushed them on the time frame and will be there until Monday, which will be nearly a week since he left.

I have actually talked to people on the phone lately more than read blogs. It is a kind of nice change, but I miss reading everybody else's. I am really far behind now.

I am enjoying my math class because I don't have the textbook everyone else has, so to make up for it, I have just been looking up stuff on the internet and came across coolmath.com Great website for all types of math. Get your kids on it. Tell them they can't play video games and surf the net until they have spent a certain amount of time on it--I'll tell you if that actually works for me over spring break.

I am going to grab some pictures for you and then I need to find both of the babies. I just remembered I left my bedroom door open.

1 comment:

Arizona Arnolds said...

Yikes they are getting so big! I am glad to hear you had a break from making real dinner or cleaning. (right? Mike was gone, kids can eat mac-n- whatever or cereal!)

Good job with your math class. I had the books and still struggled.
We also like the website Aplusmath.com
It is video games :)