Friday, March 27, 2009

Disconnected

It has been a really long time since I blogged. A big part of that is because my internet provider went out of business. Every month we have a 24hr minimum outage. If it happens over the weekend, it will not be taken care of until mid-day Monday. My jobless IT skilled husband has gone up to the office and offered his expertise for hire every time this happens.

Service went down early Thursday evening. Mike went up Friday morning prepared to actually go to work and not take no for an answer, but they brushed him off again. When we still did not have service on Monday, he went back and the office was closed--permanently. Thank goodness the credit card had a glitch when he tried to pay them, or we would be out 50 bucks for no reason.

The reason we went with that company in the first place was that our homeowners association has blocked the major providers out here, so there are only 3 choices--2 now. He found another company and pressed them for immediate installation. They got it set up on Wednesday--just short of a week after the other went down indefinitely.

Mike spent some time tracking down the Homeowners Association to complain as well. He was told that when they laid out the development, they installed fiber optics and are working on a contract with Verizon for FiOs delivery.

In the meantime, Mike and I got so behind on our online school work that we had to drop the classes. I can't describe the emptiness I felt not being connected to the world.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey!, Yah, Hi!

I noticed you were gone. Sucks about school!

And Mike told me a bit about your dealings with losss of internet! We had a good visit. I got to see him for about 3 hours. we chatted with the kids, Played Pool, and I sent him packing with clothes that I had just boxed up to ship to you - YESTERDAY - and some other goodies =) Perfect timing, too bad he didn't get to see Mom and Thomas though they are only andter 2.5 hrs North at grams.

BUT Maybe you guys will get to come out for the 3 for the price of 1 2 baptizms and a wedding on May 2nd, Mark it in your travel logs to get here on time =)

Kimberly said...

I said what??? When? I have absolutely no memory of any of that. Maybe I blocked out most of high school. ;)

Don't be disappointed, but James is actually thoroughly blonde... he just looks red-headed in pictures sometimes, for some reason. In life, his hair looks like spun gold. :)

Thanks for the comment! I wanna see updated pics of your pretty babies!!!

Kimberly said...

Wow.... I can't believe I did that! :P Sorry.... the things we can laugh about now! ;)