Monday, February 09, 2009

Rain!

Last night around 5 am it started raining. I have been hoping for that all week. I have some berry bushes to plant and I want the ground to be soft and delicious for the little sprigs. I am yearning to do yard work. It has been 3 years since I've gotten involved in my flower beds. I also hope to plant a few vegatables this season.

I do fear that spring has come to Texas. Puxatawnee Phil is on the east coast. What does he know about Texas? The cold happened in December. My heating bill was lower in Jan, and I haven't turned on the heat here in 5 days. I expect there will be a few more cold fronts this season, but I am seeing some ant activity and the amount of green grass in my back yard is increasing. I only fear that because it means having to worry about pest control and A/C sooner. But I am looking forward to planting and digging in my new yard and making it distinct from those of my neighbors with colorful blossoms instead of this bland contractors landscaping.

I hope we have a really wet spring, because it has been a really dry winter.

3 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Ok, go ahead, make me jealous! It's snowing here today...





Ha Ha, I get to spell "pastra" for my password. I always get the funny ones...:)

Kim and family said...

I hope your babies start feeling better soon.

We had some really nice weather too and now it snowing. I thought it was going to be done-more like big giant hopes. I get to be out in it another hour or so this afternoon. I don't want to wear my heavy coat, scarf and gloves anymore.

Arizona Arnolds said...

We had rain Sunday & Monday too! In a state barren of weather, we love rain too. I love the sound it makes while I'm sleeping and the clean effect it leaves on the world.