Monday, February 16, 2009

Before

Just for the record, both Anastasia and Amelia could dance before they could walk. They have excellent balance and will stand unsupported (usually with something in their hand for security) and bob up and down or sway from side to side. And yet they refuse to take more than half of a step.

They are 13 months old and have yet to be determined to walk. I really would prefer not to carry around 23x2 lbs. regularly. I do have a little bit of extra tricep bulge, but I would rather have the weight training be purely optional and not mandatory.

They are starting to really play with each other. I have not captured any of it on film, but but I say "Say Hi sis!" and stick them together and they put their heads together and giggle at each other. They have started hugging and tugging at each other. Amelia is really cuddly and she will initiate loving on her sister. They aw sigh and laugh at each other as they do it.

They also are picking up a whole bunch of words and actions. Whenever we are sitting at the table to eat, when there is a lull in the "conversation" they will look to the window and woof at the sound of the neighbor's dog. They can also say dog. We are working on bird and "tweet." They are starting to mimic hand actions to Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

But, again, for the record, they could sing before they could talk. They have ah ah ah'ed little pitches in response to my singing to them for a long time.

They have both overcome their fear of navigating the stairs from the top, so they are downstairs playing the piano this morning while I am up here blogging. I suppose I should do something about that. Bye

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, they are talking?! Amazing!