Monday, December 10, 2007

Wuh Wa Wa Wa

Okay, I'm sick of people saying I'm cute, and I don't want to be told "You look really good for having twins." I'm huge, uncomfortable, and in fact, sick. My belly is as big as it was when I delivered my biggest baby (Andrew) but I am still 5lbs under that weight. I want to eat, but I have to eat in smaller portions and I don't have time to graze all day. I have gotten so used to being hungry that I don't even recognize my hunger. I want to take care of my babies, but that requires me standing on my feet a great deal longer to fix something significant for myself and my children. It's not that I don't have food in the house, I just don't have convenience food.

Because of poor nutrition and improper rest, I have a major head and chest cold that is a week old. I never have that problem. I have become glad of my pads when I am seized with violent coughing episodes.

Anyway, I was out for the past week because I had to spend every spare hour doing data entry for the Bishop, who owns a number of dental offices. He just bought another one because the dentist died, but everything was hand-written on ledgers, with no computer files at all. Mike and I put over 1,000 names and basic patient information on an excell sheet in four days, in addition to our full time jobs, and trying to keep our house together--missed on the last, but we tried.

I would love to be involved in Christmas. I am missing it. I want to bake--not just have a couple of buns in the oven. I enjoy shopping. I want my house to look nice. I got my tree up, but it has been partly decorated for a week with the remainder strewn about the living room. All of those things are doable for even a pregnant mother of twins, but not one who is working 8 hours a day, five days a week. Today was really rough, though. I am going to talk to them tomorrow about cutting back what I already have on the schedule, because if I work the full schedule, this will probably be my last week. I would rather just scale back, though.

It looks like I am going to have a few visitors when the babies come. I am excited, and look forward to seeing everybody.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still getting the maternity box together!, You may just have to put it under the tree!

YOu have to just start selling Cookie Lee Jewelry.

Go to Cookie lee.com use the janikalskembo address that I made up and make your password. The prices listed are regular price you get $50% off. There is clearance stuff too! $1.50 and item!!! Genuine Crystals. Check out ebay to look around at some oth the things.

Kim and family said...

At least we don't carry our babies as long as elephants do. Like that is any consolation.