Sunday, December 23, 2007

Calm Before the Storm

It has been a lovely, quiet weekend, with just Mike and I hanging out together and tying up loose ends before Christmas. We may have one more weekend completely to ourselves before the babies are born, but then never again.

My focus this weekend has been on keeping my activity limited and my feet up, to reduce swelling. In the second trimester I could feel the tension of my skin being stretched as me belly grew. Now I have that same sensation in my feet and ankles. It's really gross.

I have also been working on a little sewing project that has to be completed before Christmas Eve. I can't say more than that at present, because we never know what prying eyes may happen upon my blog.

Tomorrow is my last day of work at Bed Bath and Beyond. I told my store manager I would try to hang on until Christmas, and I have. Everybody says I am doing really well for having twins, and I guess I am. I have gotten to the level now where I am familiar enough with my discomfort that it doesn't bother me so much. I just don't like those moments when I really need to go to the bathroom, and then I get a contraction, and with all that pressure, a child decides they need to adjust themselves. But it only lasts for a couple of minutes.

Mike and I will be going separate ways tomorrow night to pick up kids so that we can have everybody wake up at our house on Christmas morning. We are excited about it. It will be our first Christmas all together. Last year we had to have two separate Christmases.

We had a fairly warm week last week, but we got wind from the north. It is really cold again, and they are saying that there is a chance we could get some snow flurries for Christmas. That is exciting in Texas, for those who may not appreciate it.

6 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Would ya look at that! I can comment!!!

Have a great Christmas! Enjoy all the kids and the last few weeks of being preg with twins!!!

Jason keeps trying to get me to fly down and stay with you next spring, but your hands might be too full for that!

Anyways, watching the moon set, and thinking of you! Miss you lady! Have a great holiday!

Maryanne said...

When you explained the swelling in your ankels I thought of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,when the girl blows up in to the big blueberry. I pictured you as the blurberry that needed to be rolled out by the Umpa Lumpas.

Janika said...

Anybody is welcome to visit any time. I love feeling loved. And I love swelling up and turning blue.

Yamaha Drummer said...

Actually her swelling has scared the crap out of me! But her proportions would make her an ideal candidate for being rolled around the house. It might not be so funny however with her bladder control issues (read; Lack there of).

Unknown said...

The Purple shirt doesn't help all those Umpa Loompa Comments!

Yamaha Drummer said...

LOL! Devanie if Ihad been drinking a soda, I would have ended up with a very sticky laptop... That was awesome.