Monday, July 23, 2007

Something more solid

We finally have a more definite view of our future. Mike has a job. I would put exclamations and stuff like that, but I still have reservations about the reality of it until he gets his first paycheck. He has successfully completed one week of work. It is a six-month contract position with the potential of becoming a full position with the company. I do not even know the name of the company or what they do. I know he is to be paid $29 an hour doing some sort of Network administrator-type thing. They issued him a laptop, and though he can access the server and do some work from home, most of his work is on-site.

On-site includes a few different locations, all of which are within 15 minutes of our house--in the same place he was working before, which is why we moved to this side of town in the first place. Therefore, we will not moving out of this area. Therefore, the kids will start school in here on August 27th. We would like to get a 3 bdrm house where the rooms actually fit the childrens' beds AND allow the closets to open. We might even get rooms big enough to walk between the beds, but I don't know. I would wonder if it would be worth the hassle of moving, but we are already halfway packed. Either way, we are staying in this area.

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond today and got my old job back. Rather than folding towels, though, I will be working at the customer service desk. Mike's job will more than cover our expenses, but I want to have a special savings account, and that is all my paycheck will be for--except maybe purchasing a few more household items at employee discount.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

Hooray for you guys!! It kind of feels like shell shock doesn't it? "I will believe there is money when I see it for real" I wish you guys the best!

The Woodward Family said...

Proof prayers really are answered...

Unknown said...

Stick with them guys. We don't want you to feel like the family poor. In the poor family. glad to see you back. I'll have to post a picture of my bedroom full of BBB stuff since I still think you never got to see it. It's up tp you wether or not you put your financial life out on the net, me, we will steer clear of that. You guys can send Emylie over to stay if there isn't 'nuff room in your house. That should help a bit. Love an miss you. Happy Pioneer Day!

Janika said...

No, I never did see your bedroom, Dev. I'l probably keep Emylie with me--I have a new baby coming and she is about old enough for babysitting. Thanks for the offer : )