Wednesday, July 25, 2007

O! Pioneers

Today is July 25th. Yesterday was Pioneer day. Kim is talking about sewing pioneer clothes for treks, Devanie is talking about Pioneer costumes and I have not managed to tell anybody that last week I made 8 pioneer bonnets and four aprons. I have 5 more bonnets cut out to sew, but I ran out of the elastic I need for the back. Mike's parents own a store in Far West Missouri and they can't keep those bonnets on the shelf. They are super-sellers. They even jacked up the prices to slow things down, but she has been out of them for a month and the people who say they are going to sew them don't seem to. Sew I took it upon myself. They will be getting their first shipment from me tomorrow.

Mike's dad called me this morning to ask what I wanted to sell them for. I said that was up to them. I just used fabric that I bought at Wal-Mart for $1 a yard that I have had sitting around forever, so my expenses are absolutely minimal. When they sell, they will give me half. Anybody else up for sewing bonnets and aprons?

Of course, now that my daughters have seen that I can make them, they want one for themselves. Andrew enjoyed trying them on for me so I could check their size and shape on the child's size head they were being made for. He looked so cute in his bonnet and apron. I thought of Thomas.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, well...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Janika!!!!! Happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday dear Janika...happy birthday to you....

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to my Older sister. whom will always be. . .just that. . . older. =)

I have a sis-in-law that I think would LOVE LOVE LOVE to sew for money. I'll let her know.
Suzie our area code 294-3389. I even have a ton of fabric the ones you see in the picture =) on the kids and Suzie.

Kim and family said...

Happy birthday!!!! I got done sewing at 10:30. Spent my whole afternoon but the two oldest are ready to go. I have a stupid band-aid on my finger and can't TYPE#!!!
Bad singing voice-Happy birthday to you!!! Happy birthday to you!!!! Happy birthday dear Janikaaaaaa!! Happy Birthday to YOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!! Hope you had some fun.

Janika said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad to see more blog activity. We were kind of out of it for a while. Love y'all!