Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Book Mania

You other bloggers and your Harry Potter this, Harry Potter that, blah, blah blah! : ) I love the books, but I haven't gotten around to reading The Half-Blood Prince, let alone Deathly Hallows. I bought half-blood when it came out in hardbound for the kids, but have not made reading a priority these past years.

Emylie went with a friend to the Barnes & Noble release party and was there until after midnight. She had a great time, and I am happy for her. She did not get the book because she is hung up on the Warrior series right now. Devanie gave her a gift certificate that she was able to buy the rest of the series she didn't have. Then she bought me the most recent in a series I have been reading since I was pregnant with Isaac. The 11th book in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time has been out in paperback for over a year, and I never got around to reading it. Mike has read the rest of the series as well, so rather than fight over who gets to read it first--or when, I have been reading it to him. That is how we spend all of our time together lately. We will finnish the last three chapters tonight. I have really enjoyed the experience--837 pages of mouth-numbing, throat-parching fun. We stay up too late reading "just one more chapter." To me, it is better than watching a movie together.

I don't know if he has read the Half-Blood Prince yet, but if not, we may do that next. Forget books on cd, we do live books!

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I don't read many books anymore. More magazine article sized stuff. When I read a book everything stops until I am finished. I didn't know you were Finnish. It just made me laugh. Couldn't resist. Yes I am a dork. The Harry Potter book is about 745(?) pages Kelsea isn't even to page 200 yet. I might have to get a 2nd book. But I still don't have time. I should be sewing but I don't want to. Can you tell? Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Ooh, how did you like that last installment in the Wheel of Time?

I thought it was great... but now I am left hanging waiting for the next book to come out. Or for R.Jordan to die... not that I'm hoping for his death... I really WANT him to live through the series...

I picked up another series in the meantime, Terry Goodkind is th author and though the genra's are similar... Terry is a graphic writer. I can't read those with the same relish I had for Jordan's books. I'm just sens-e-a-tive....

Janika said...

Welcome to my blog Arren! Mike was disappointed with the progress of the plot (or lack thereof) but I pointed out that there were some key things that happened. I like getting wrapped up in the books, but I hate how stinking long it takes for him to write and release.