Saturday, March 03, 2007

Summer planning

Devanie posted about the plans for the family reunion. I commented on it. for those who haven't seen it, here it what I am thinking.

As far as the sealing, I think Friday afternoon would be better so that it doesn't overshadow Hailey's baptism. I was also thinking about how much fun I have dancing with my husband--or even dancing with myself--oh, oh, a-oh--and wouldn't it be great if we had a place where we could just turn on some music and yak and snack with each other while the kids dance like goobers and the gooberest best of us join them.

I don't know how many will be able to stay for that full week, but even it the Leavitts had to come back for the second weekend, its only like four hours away, right? I would be delightfully shocked if Leonard stayed for the whole time, don't know if Thomas would be able to get the full time off. If he could though, I nominate him as the sound man. If not, my husband is more than capable. It just isn't customary for the groom be the sound man. Don't know if we have anyone who would be willing to be the official photographer.

By the way, I lost my disc of the family reunion pictures, which is rather an aggravation. I would be overjoyed if someone could get a copy for me. I can make contact with aunts and uncles for further arrangements, since Devanie was asking.

Love y'all

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if Devanie isn't able to get them for you because I still have them on my computer that I could make another copy and send to you. Hope all is well with you guys.

Kim and family said...

Like I Said on Devanie's site-My girls won't be out of summer school until that Friday the 6th so I guess have a happy sealing since we wouldn't be able to make it until that evening at the earliest.

Unknown said...

Thomas is taking the 4th thru the weekend off( I believe).

Hailey's baptism is early in the morning and everyone will be ready to make like a tree and leaf! We will just want to party with everyone.

That following Sunday she will be confirmed so she will actually get 2 days of celebration.

I think you aught to contact the temple 1st(bountiful and ogden are closest). The date is probably already taken at all of them - CHECK QUICK!

Not many people will be able to attend the actual sealing from our side of the family as you know. Get a hold of the Leavitts for us.

There is a park by my house that you can dance in the pavilion at. I have a mini boom box and all of Mollys wedding reception music that's really fun to play - already on 3 CDs. Plus there's a fishing pond nearby and there should be some play areas for the tots by then - It's brand new they are still building up. Let mek now if you want to sit in a church or just go play at the park.

We are also happy to extend well into the next week and do a bunch then, since the kids get all of July off. We are free. Camping should be good.

I need group/family numbers to make camping reservations.

Janika said...

Kim, I will check on temple availability and see what we can work out. I want to make sure you and LJ are there if it is at all possible.

Devanie, A park party would be fun, and I am sure we will do that at some point. However, adults will be far too inhibited to dance in a public place, and the main point of the get together, as I see it, is to celebrate my sealing by having a dance party.

Unknown said...

Good luck getting a lot of Dancers too. I just don't see it happening, but that's probably because Nathan and I don't dance. I can try to schedule somehting at the church. Lemme know what dates you find out.

Kim and family said...

7-7-07 is the most popular wedding date of the year. I will have to wish you luck-I guess that would come with those numbers-in order to arrange a Saturday sealing. Do what you can. If Friday is the day I totally understand.

Maryanne said...

So we lost you again. I thought that you were working days again. you should be able to keep me updated.