Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Spring is here!

Last week I saw a Robin redbreast. They are migrating in east Texas. I am confident that we will have no more freezes. I planted some bulbs last week and expect to see them peek their blades up soon. The weather has been gorgeous for the past week except for two days ago when a horrid wind brought in dust from west Texas and made the sky brown for a couple of hours. A number of our neighbors have pieces of their fence missing. God pruned our trees and gave us some firewood with all the limbs that broke off in our front yard. The wind was just ridiculous. Come to think of it, it felt like an afternoon in Washoe Valley--or stagecoach--except their were trees to get their limbs broken.

I have two more days left of my night shift. It has been pretty easy to get through the nights. since the first week I haven't been drowsy during shift at all. I have had a lot of fun with the people on the team. Sometimes I get in trouble for talking too much--it is kind of like kindergarten that way--because if we are talking, we can't be counting. They give out awards for the most units scanned and for the most accurate scan of a $5 gift card for a convienience or fast food place. I have no hope of recieving such a thing.

Numbers and I just don't get along. When I took accounting, I would often have the right numbers in the right places but when I checked them, the columns never totalled like they were supposed to. It didn't matter if I was using my head or a calculator, it just didn't come up. I don't know what my actual figures are, but I know that whether I am auditing a section or someone is auditing a section I scanned, at least two per night of each fail to match up.

Time to get dinner made so I can eat before American Idol and be ready to leave for work as soon as it is over.

Love y'all!

2 comments:

Janika said...

I just saw all your comments after I published this posting and refreshed my page. It said zero comments before that.

Maryanne said...

After a while we just stopped looking at the same post. So that is why I did not comment any sooner. How was Isaac's birthday?