Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Job at last, Job at last!

After four months of being unemployed, Mike has a job. He got the official offer this morning. He will be a Department of Defense contractor, doing network support, and who knows what other technical stuff--in Iraq. He will have to be there eleven months, with no setting foot on American soil so that his entire salary will be tax free. It will be a huge leap from where we are now. I will continue to work at Bed Bath and Beyonduntil I have satisfied my need to refurnish my home accessories, etc. We hope to find a new house and be moved-in before he gets back--before the kids start school again, since they will be with me next school year.

All of this means that I will not have Mike with me--again--for the family reunion. Neither will I have Mikey and Lexi. However, I had promised my kids when I was single that we would start saving money to go to Disney World. Mike was planning on going and bringing the other two kids. However, last summer they went to Disney land and SoCal with their mom, so they have been to Disney Land. I could take the four there before or after the family reunion and do the whole Magic Mountain, DL, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios thing. Anybody want to join me?

When Mike gets back, we would do the Florida trip.

5 comments:

Kim and family said...

That's good news and maybe a little worrisome news at the same time. I wish you guys the best. so no 7-7-07 sealing then?

The Woodward Family said...

So glad Mike got a job, but yikes, Iraq? My friend across the street's dad works as a private contractor in Iraq like 9 months out of the year and makes amazing $...best of luck! Call me again sometime...

Maryanne said...

Thank you for the Microsoft 2003. Congrats on the job. I really hope that he is on the nice side of town. Maybe I will see him there.

Janika said...

I just realized I changed my settings so that the comments don't publish until I approve them. Here I was thinking nobody cared enough to say anything.

Unknown said...

Is Knotts Berry Farm even around anymore???