Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weather n stuff

Last week Isaac played in the band at a football game for the first time. The weather was beautiful. It finally got cold enough here that I can wear long sleeves every day, but my electric bill for this month (which still included some A/C time) is still over $180. I turned on the heat for about 15 minutes 3 days ago to ease the chill, but this morning I am wearing 3/4 sleeves because the rain and humidity have locked in a little warmth. Mike complained about the heat this morning.

Isaac also went to the temple for the first time last night. It is funny to me that his first experience has nothing to do with a four hour trip in a van full of adolscents. After he got home from school I got him something to eat, took him to the house they were meeting to carpool from at 5 , and he was back by 8:30. I am concerned that he will never learn to appreciate the sunrise just after 5 a.m.--certainly not over the San Francisco bay. The air today has a San Francisco feel to it. Thankfully, though, there is no essence of fish scum.

Now I must go to what I have been avoiding--My term paper.

5 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I sure miss those temple trips. As wonderful as it is to have so many temples to close (We're about 10 minutes from the Reno temple) I think the kids will really be missing out on some great times. Remember waving at people and telling them their wheels were going around as we passed them? Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Thanks for the great memory!

Janika said...

Sigh. You're cute signs in the window--Married, not dead leaders. Sleeping on the way there. Your mom going the wrong way on a one-way road (that wasn't a temple trip was it?) I have done that more than once myself since then.

Did I say something about sleeping? Good night.

Unknown said...

you two are strange!

The Woodward Family said...

Nope, that was a temple trip...I haven't done that, but one time I stopped at a red light, sat there for a few minutes, then went while it was still red. I think I was sleepping...

Janika said...

Devanie has Stacie syndrome. You had to be there.

Love ya, Dev.

Love ya, Dove.