Monday, September 25, 2006

Dentist anyone?


Last week Andrew lost his first tooth. He has waited longer than anyone else to lose his. The rest were in Pre-K or Kinder when they lost theirs. Andrew is in first, and is six. I know that is actually about when I lost mine as well.


Emylie lost two more molars last week and Saturday we popped out one that has been dangling with the other almost completely grown in. We have to take her to the dentist really soon to get her mouth shaped and corrected. She has that cursed Lay eye-tooth-coming-out-from-the-front-of-gum thing, and she has not lost the baby version of it. I have to go to the dentinst really soon because I have finally lost all protection on my tooth that got broken by a piece of popcorn about 6 months ago at least. The tooth sensitivity has at least helped me cut back on my ice cream consumption. Of course, it hurts worst when I have eaten a lot of candy and have had 2 liters or less of Supergreens. That reminds me, I need to go make some. Have a fantabulous day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yippe Andrew! Glad your Mom and step-dad got a chance to see you!

The Woodward Family said...

According to most dentists, kids should loose their first teeth around 6. Kids who do so early, are just early. It is actually better when they loose them later as far as decay goes, so consider yourself and Andrew lucky. Remember, I use to work for a dentist, and I hope to be a dental hygienist someday...:>)

Maryanne said...

I thought that I left you a little letter. I think that I told you I lost my last tooth when I was 18.

Janika said...

MaryAnne, I must have deleted the duplicate posting you left a comment on without realizing anything was there.

We ate candy all during conference so I need a dentist more than ever, but we got out insurance cards last week. That's really good because I am in pain. Still, I think I will have just a couple more little red, hot tamales.

The Woodward Family said...

Hey, Janika, we can go to the dentist together...I was using my teeth as pliers last week and broke a tooth. It just aches now, and hot, cold and sugar makes it hurt very BAD! I should know better than to use my teeth as pliers, but I was too lazy to go get real pliers from Jason's tool box...my own fault.