Sunday, March 21, 2010

The things we do to keep children happy during church.

This week I dug out some patches of grass to plant roses and bulbs that I was supposed to have planted in the fall, but I could not until this week because that is when I was finally able to get the dirt to condition the soil so the roses would not die like last year. The weather was gorgeous for such things; temperatures in the high 60's to mid 70's, clear and bright. Then Saturday it rained on all my newly planted plants. I was so grateful.

Then when I woke up this morning, we had another inch or two of snow on the ground. Maybe that is really good. My bulbs were supposed to be planted in the fall. Maybe they will think they had a winter to hibernate and bloom nicely because of it. I think it will be nice and sunny again tomorrow, though. Happy first day of spring. Happy El Nino.

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

It is pretty funny when you guys have seen more snow this winter than we have had.

The Woodward Family said...

What about the parent taking the picture in church? So funny! :)

Unknown said...

I love you! I got your April Fools Phone call.