Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday Blogging

I think I said a little while back that I would try blogging every Sunday. I did not say when I would start, but today seems to be the day.

I started working out in the gym in the middle of January. I have not hit it very hard. Nonetheless, except for the week the babies had pneumonia, I have gone 2-4 times/week. I recently stepped it up a notch and did 3 sessions with a personal trainer. I feel my biggest accomplishment, however, is that Mike is now fired up about going to the gym. After his second week of working out he is now all concerned about his diet and is really focused on getting healthy. He stopped drinking Dr. Pepper without provocation. His fervor may become a little more than I would prefer, as this progresses, but for now, it has many benefits.

For myself, it gets the babies out of the house for a little while where they are not destroying it. And since I can't seem to do anything else when they are awake, it is as good a use of my time as any. Oh, and I'm getting my sexy back. My hips and thighs were expanding at a 40 year old rate. I just couldn't handle it any more. Now I am able to wear some of the pants I had put away for the sake of discomfort and public consideration. Those are still the pants I grew into with pregnancy, so I have a way to go still, but it is coming along.

I am no better of a mother than I was, though. Well maybe I have a little more energy now to make things happen around here, but doing more does not help if you are not doing the right things, right?

I was called to be the Relief Society Secretary. This is my first time in a Church auxiliary leadership position since Primary Presidency when we lived in NY before Claire was born. I have had lots of callings I have enjoyed since then, but I still have not been trusted to a leadership position for years. As the secretary, I technically still don't have one, but I at least get to be where the action is. This is actually the worst calling I have had as far as fitting my aptitudes. Paperwork and organization are precisely my weaknesses. But I am willing to grow and improve.

Time to get the kids to bed.

1 comment:

Arizona Arnolds said...

I see that we are all blogging again. Maybe I need to set a weekly date.
I think you will be amazing as a RS secretary. You are great at handling things as they come & you are terrific on the computer. I think the organization is there plus you would be a joy to have in meetings.
I have really enjoyed working in the RS presidency too.
I love all the ladies so much more and appreciate their talents. Only this week I am all alone! The rest are all out of town & I am conducting and going to ward council solo. Wish me luck! Wish you luck!