Monday, July 13, 2009


We went to Cedar Creek Lake this weekend with our friend Steve. His wife Lori is in Colorado trying to get away from the Texas heat--and taking care of the house they own there. Lexi and Mikey have been here for over a week now, so they came too. Elizabeth, Lexi's childhood BFF/sister came along as well. Since I nearly drowned at Paradise lake during a stake youth activity, I have not been that interested in swimming in natural bodies of water. I love a pool, for the indicators on the side that let me know ahead of time when I am in over my head. This weekend I waded in to my chest and held at least one of the babies the whole time we played--less than 2 hours. My arms are really sore because of it, but we did have a really good time. My shoulders are really pink now, too.

I don't know if I told you about my refrigerator. We got a new one for our anniversary on the 17th of last month. I woke up one morning and the old one had a burnt out light and the drink I poured for myself was not cold at all, so we thought the fridge was not working anymore. Mike had already found a new one he wanted, so he had it delivered. I later found out that the pitcher I had poured my drink from had been left out all night and Claire had put it in the fridge just before I came to the kitchen. Anyway, here is a picture of Anastasia in front of it. It has the lower drawer freezer, which I did not think I would like that much, but I do. It is very well designed.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Babies are getting so big! Cuties! Love the new fridge... I really wanted one with French doors and a freezer drawer like that. We ended up with a side-by-side due to cost.

Kim and family said...

That is like my dream fridge. How is it on space in the fridge part? I thought it looked apacious but a friend of ours had one and he was diappointed with it. It didn't have as much room as you think it would.

Kim and family said...

"spacious"

Janika said...

The space is flexible, so it is all how you arrange it. The freezer has a lot more room than I expected. This Kenmore model is very smart in design.